DAVID C. PETERSON
477 Ocean Avenue N, #F3, Long Branch, NJ 07740-8601
Home: 732.571.4146 / Cell: 732.407.9114/ Email: email@example.com
CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER / VP Development
– Track record of developing innovative and visionary products on time and within budget
Accomplished executive with demonstrated ability to drive revenue growth and productivity improvements through technology and process innovations. Recognized as a catalyst to success. Combines expert technical qualifications with outstanding performance in team building, team leadership and project management to execute business objectives. Leads with focus, integrity and decisiveness. Highlights include:
- Led AP’s transition from analog to digital news delivery and boosted revenues $50M
- Cut technology costs by more than $2.5M while dramatically improving performance
- Created new products to grow Unicast company revenues more than 100% YOY
Areas of Expertise
- Multi-Million Dollar Budgets
- International & Offshore
- On-Time/On Budget Delivery
- Cost Reductions/Efficiencies
- Team Leadership
- Business Process Design
- Development Best Practices
Armanta – Morris Township, NJ 2006 – 2007
The Armanta Theatre product suite; a scalable and robust business intelligence, reporting and workflow solution for Fortune 500 Financial firms’ investment managers
Interim EVP Product and Technology
Manage client relationships, integrations, and product development for Fortune 500 Financial Industry clients to manage billions in client’s assets.
Impact: Upon arrival, company had stagnated growth; grew client base by 65%.
- Member of the executive management team that determined company strategy, priorities, pricing, marketing and sales initiatives. Contributed key points in the marketing strategy to cost effectively expand the company’s client base.
- Directly managed premier clients’ relationships; gathered voice of customer input. Authored white paper to transform the product into a more intuitive, fully featured, and higher workflow platform.
- Contributed significant “hands on” development to meet client needs.
Poindexter Systems – New York, NY 2005
A pioneer in the online advertising predictive marketing technologies
Vice President Engineering
Managed and mentored the development, quality assurance, and product management team in agile software development methodologies.
Impact: Upon arrival, the company business units had no confidence that the development teams could deliver promised products in a timely fashion or to product specifications. Transformed ineffective team into top-performers and replaced ad-hoc development process with best practice Agile Software Development methodologies.
- For the first time in the company history, two projects encompassing upgrades to 8 major systems were delivered on time, with high quality, and within budget to client specifications. This allowed company to get to market quickly with the necessary features to win 2 new major client accounts growing revenues by $7M.
- Architected an integrated business intelligence and data warehouse solution critical to company’s success.
Unicast Technologies – New York, NY 2000 – 2005
Pioneer in the online advertising solutions industry (Acquired by Viewpoint Corporation in 2005)
Chief Technology Officer/Vice President Engineering
Formulated company’s technology vision, tactics, and strategies. Managed the Development, QA and IT teams with 20-60 members; accountable for global IT infrastructure and overseeing multiple simultaneous products and projects, ensuring on time delivery with annual budgets up to $10M.
Impact: Transformed niche single product company into a leader in the online display advertising space. Developed innovative product solutions that persuaded Fortune 500 advertisers to bring significant dollars to online advertising; thereby helping to monetize the online publishing industry. Company categorized as MSN gold technology partner.
- Utilizing agile programming methodologies and Blue Ocean Strategies, expanded product line to 6 new products; generating annual revenue growth of 100% and fending off significant competitive challenges.
- Reduced annual vendor IT costs by $2.5M.
- Acquired key competitor for a faster time to market of a necessary product.
- Boosted productivity ten-fold and improved service to clients by leading development of critical workflow and reporting system.
- Identified and addressed the need to quickly scale up to meet seasonal demand by implementing a computing-on-demand infrastructure - reduced cost-of-goods-sold 400% and provided near infinite scalability to cover massive spikes in traffic.
- Retained almost 100% of employees despite a company wide 3-year freeze in raises and bonus payments by devising mentoring and education programs to help team members keep up on the latest technology changes, design patterns and Agile productivity methodologies.
- Responsible for internal and external patent analysis and strategies to protect intellectual property.
The Associated Press – Cranbury, NJ 1990 – 2000
World’s largest news organization, serving as a source of news, photos, graphics, audio and video for thousands of daily newspaper, radio, television and online customers
Research & Development Manager
Recruited and directed technology development group with accountability for annual budget of $8M. Managed budgeting, development schedules, technical requirements and software releases. Directed development team of 40 engineers comprised of in-house and outsourced vendors.
Impact: Moved the organization from total analog delivery of news to complete digital delivery over satellite and Internet, providing a major competitive advantage and driving major competitor out of business. Created new business lines that added $50M in revenues.
- Spearheaded development of online multi-media, natural language searchable permanent historical and legal archive systems.
- Restructured advertising delivery system to effectively manage high traffic levels.
Independent consultant in various industries.
AT&T, Pixel Machines – Holmdel, NJ
High speed graphics rendering and animation.
AT&T, Bell Laboratories – Middletown, NJ
Remote testing of long distance telephony.
IT&T, ATC – Shelton, CT; Stuttgart Germany; Antwerp Belgium
Architected and developed System 12 a distributed processor telephony network system.
Ford Motor Co – Dearborn, MI. Electronic Engine Control.
NASA- Ann Arbor, MI. Dynamics Explorer Langmuir Space Flight
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering – University of Michigan, Ann Arbor Campus, Ann Arbor, MI
Graduated Cum Laude
Agile Alliance Member
Prosci Enterprise Change Management Seminars
Learning Tree Object-Oriented Analysis & Design
Learning Tree Hands-on Java Programming for C/C++ Programmers
Learning Tree C++ Hands-on Object-Oriented Programming